Sneddon Earns award all four years
Green Wave look to get back on track against the Rebels at 4 p.m. CT on Friday
Green Wave put their six-match winning streak on the line against the Tigers on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. CT
Green Wave extend streak to six straight with 4-2 win at Arizona on Tuesday
Green Wave look to extend five-match winning streak against Arizona at Noon CT on Tuesday
Tulane men's tennis doubles team of Koepfer and Jao advanced to NCAA Round of 16 in Tulsa with three-set win.
Dominik Koepfer def. UCLA's Martin Redlicki, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, in the Round of 32 at the NCAA Singles Championships.
Men's tennis vs USF in the AAC Tourney Semifinals on April 23, 2016, in Memphis
Tulane men's tennis vs USF on Senior Day on April 10, 2016
Tulane men's tennis senior Dominik Koepfer becomes the first Tulane National Indoor Intercollegiate Champion
Where Koepfer Finished in Program History
- Career Singles Wins - 2nd - 103
- Career Singles Winning Percentage - 2nd - .780
- Career Doubles Wins - Tied for 3rd - 68
- Career Doubles Winning Percentage - 6th - .673
- Career Overall Wins - 2nd - 171
- Career Overall Winning Percentage - 3rd - .734
- Single Season Singles Wins - Tied for 3rd - 32
- Single Season Singles Winning Percentage - 1st - .865
- Single Season Doubles Winning Percentage - 10th - .759
- Single Season Overall Wins - 5th - 54
- Single Season Overall Winning Percentage - 4th - .818
- 2016 NCAA All-American (Singles)
- ITA National Men's Senior Player of the Year - First in program history
- ITA Southern Region - Player of the Year
- ITA Southern Region - Most Improved Senior
- Awarded the No. 3 overall seed in NCAA Singles Championships
- Qualified for NCAA Doubles Championships
- American Athletic Conference - All-Conference Team in both Singles & Doubles
- Two-time American Athletic Conference Player of the Week and AAC Player of the Month for October
Previously Won Honors
- 2015 NCAA All-American
- 2015 American Athletic Conference Automatic Qualifier for the NCAA Singles Championship
- 2015 American Athletic All-Conference selection
- 2015 ITA Southern Region Player to Watch
- 2015 LSWA Louisiana Player of the Year and First-Team selection
- 2014 Second Team All-Conference USA in singles and First-Team in doubles
- 2014 LSWA Louisiana Player of the Year and First-Team selection
- 2013 Conference USA Freshman of the Year and Second Team All-Conference honors
- Back-to-back winner of the Tulane Male Student-Athlete of the Year award (junior & senior)
- Back-to-back team MVP award winner (junior & senior)
- Back-to-back years as Team Captain, guiding Tulane from an unranked team to top-30 in those two years (junior & senior)
2015-16: Koepfer was ranked the No. 1 singles player in the country from Jan. 5 – April 19, and finished at No. 4 … A 2016 NCAA All-American, Koepfer became the fifth multi-time All-American in program history … He achieved three straight semifinals or better in the fall at the three major national championships, where he reached the semis at the Oracle/ITA Master’s Tournament, the finals at ITA All-American Championships and won the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championship … Was the first player since 2011 to reach back-to-back finals at the All-American Championships and National Indoor Championships … Became first Tulane singles national champion since 1955 and first Tulane player to be ranked No. 1 in Oracle/ITA National singles poll … Faced 29 ranked opponents this past year & went 24-5, including eight wins against top-25 competitors … Qualified for the NCAA Singles Championships for the second straight year, where he was named the No. 3 overall seed and reached the Round of 16 … In doubles, Koepfer & partner Chi-Shan Jao were ranked every single week, reaching as high as No. 7 and finished at No. 18 … Together, the duo qualified for the NCAA Doubles Championships where they reached the Round of 16 … Biggest doubles wins came against No. 11 Wagland/Smith of Georgia and No. 12 Dojas/Soares of Texas Tech … Team wise, Koepfer led the Green Wave to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2005, where they reached the second round, helped knocked off nine ranked opponents and finished with a No. 31 team ranking … Koepfer’s historic year placed him in the top-3 in program history in the following categories: second most career singles wins (102), second best career singles winning percentage (.780), third most career doubles wins (68), second most career overall wins (171), third best career overall winning percentage (.734), third most single season singles wins (32), best single season singles winning percentage (.865).
2015-16 Major Tournaments and Finishes
- Oracle/ITA Master’s Tournament – Singles Semifinal
- ITA All-American Championships – Singles Final & Doubles Quarterfinal
- ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships – Won Singles Draw
- NCAA Singles Championships – Round of 16
- NCAA Doubles Championships – Round of 16
2014-15: 2015 ITA All-American ... American Athletic Conference Automatic Qualifier for the NCAA Singles Championships ... American All-Conference selection ... ITA Southern Regional Player to Watch ... LSWA Louisiana Player of the Year and All-Louisiana First Team selection ... American Tennis Athlete of the Week (April 7) ... Produced a career best 28-7 overall record ... Recorded at least 16 dual victories for the third consecutive year with an impressive 16-3 mark as a junior ... Played every dual match at the No. 1 position ... Started the year ranked 98th in the country and finished at No. 12, reaching as high as No. 5 ... Compiled a 3-1 record against the nation's top-11, defeating USC's Yannick Hanfmann, Vanderbilt's Gonzales Austin and Oklahoma's Andrew Harris ... Garnered a 12-6 overall record against ranked opposition ... Clinched the Green Wave's 4-3 win at then ranked No. 20 Tulsa on April 4, earning Tulane's highest ranked win in the post-Katrina era ... Tallied a season best 10 match win streak from March 1-May 20, defeating Memphis' Connor Glennon, Tulsa's Or Ram-Harel twice, and Auburn's Lukas Ollert along the way ... In the fall, Koepfer became the first Tulane player in program history to reach at least the quarterfinal rounds in both the ITA All-American Championships and National Indoor Championships - also, just one of three players in entire country to do so ... Went 12-10 overall in doubles and 9-7 in dual play ... Played the No. 1 doubles position alongside Chi-Shan Jao ... Achieved a 1-1 mark against ranked teams ... Tallied a season best four match win streak ... Ended the season with back-to-back wins over Tulsa's top pair of Or Ram-Harel/Alejandro Espejo ... Voted team's Most Valuable Player.
2013-14: Second Team All-Conference USA selection in singles ... First Team All-Conference in doubles along with partner Chi-Shan Jao ... LSWA Louisiana Player of the Year and First Team selection ... Recorded 20+ overall wins for the second straight year with a 21-8 overall record ... Tied Chi-Shan Jao for the best dual record on the squad at 16-5 ... Took helm of the No. 1 singles position for the first time for an entire season, going 15-5 ... Achieved a 4-1 record against Conference-USA opponents ... Finished the year ranked 66th in doubles ... Second straight year with 17 overall doubles wins with a 17-9 record ... Best dual doubles record at 16-6, with all but two matches coming at No. 1.
Earned Conference USA Freshman of the Year and second team All-C-USA...Recorded a 17-4 singles record and was 13-4 in doubles...Played on courts one thru five in singles and went a perfect 8-0 in three...Rattled off 14 straight singles wins to open the spring season...First loss came to No. 30 Andre Dome of Cal Poly in three sets...Earned a three-set victory over No. 63 John Lamble from Santa Clara...Paired with Idan Mark in doubles on court one and won nine straight matches during the season.
Posted a 5-5 singles record and went 4-3 in doubles play...Reached the semifinals of the ITA Southern Regional with three wins before falling to No. 47 Malte Stropp of Mississippi State in three sets...Also won his first two singles matches at the Crimson Tide Fall Championships...Paired with Idan Mark to reach the doubles flight finals at the Crimson Tide Fall Championships.
Graduated from Otto-Hahn Gymnasium in Furtwangen...Played club tennis at TC BW Villirgen for 12 years...Vize champion German championship in 2010 for under 16...Finished third in doubles at the German Championships...Participated in the 2010 European Championships.
Son of Dr. Thomas and Marianne Koepfer...Born on April 29, 1994...Has a sister, Bettina (17).
Koepfer's Career Singles Statistics
|Year||Overall||Dual||Tour||Conf.||No. 1||No. 2||No. 3||No. 4||No. 5||No. 6|
Koepfer's Career Doubles Statistics
|Year||Overall||Dual||Tour||Conf.||No. 1||No. 2||No. 3|